Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hands on N97.

Hi All !
on 10th may i got my Trial Device from Nokia WOM World.
This is really an amazing experience and level of trust that WOM world shows for its followers.
i was awed by the experience when i have N97 in my hand for trial. Initially i thought why would any one give me a mobile for trial when i m miles away from their place and they dont really know me. but when i recieved it via DHL i was flattered.
The First reaction was WOW ! my internet blogging and all the Passion for tech and Mobile may be paying up or in more simpler words God is kind to me.
Well next Jump to the Experience with the mobile itself.
Day 1. I got my mobile at 1430 hrs while i was still in my OPD looking after my patients. My wife called me up and said that DHL people will open the package and u have to check all the contents. So i rushed up to my home and opened up the pakage and went back to my clinic.
after coming back at around 5 pm , i started fiddling with device.
since i m using Symbian Phone for last 6 Years it was SOOOOO simple to do all the basic tweaking like Phone switch, Home screen Setup etc etc. on day 1 it was all about setting transfer from my N95 and making it connected to my Home Wi fi.

Day 2. Real usage started on day 2.
I used VOIP-- Fring and Nimbuzz and both worked flawlessly.
surfed the net--- Smooth ( with Opera mini ).
Nokia e mail--- Smooth on Wifi but but but when i went out it will not Sync. I was into it for 1 hour but i could not tweak it to work with my 3G connection. Dont know why ??. I tried send and recieve option , tried changing the connection and lot but it will not sync.
Facebook Updation also started lagging and some SCRIPT error occured every time.
GRAVITY was real smooth but it consumed lot of data.
Emoze always hanged up my phone.
Gmail Application from Google has very bad GUI.
Camera is so so ( my N95 has better camera ) also i saw some scratches covering the lens ( may be because of Cover ).
Gallery is Slow.
In Video Playback-- No support for various Codecs like mov, divx etc.

Day 3. Phone has Started  hanging a lot.
As soon as i open E mail widget of G mail , Phone screen will go BLACK.

Day 4. Now that it was getting troublesome, i thought of giving it a hard Reset.
after hard resetting what i did was completely different.

I made Connectivity option--- Access point edited for no 2 priority.
i Entered the same settings manuaaly from my Nokia 5230 for MTNL 3G connection.
Now it is Going Very Very Smooth. Now i m getting in love with This device.
It syncs Smoothly.
GPS is showing me india and not London.
will post more in next post as i have to rush for an meeting with colleagues on management of Cardiac Arrythmias. ( Heart Problem ).

2 comments:

  1. well i think dr johari u should let ur collegues who are more simple user to use ur mobile only then there can be i think correct trial.

    ReplyDelete